Railway Reservation Facility for Foreign Tourists and NRIs
Indian Railways has recently launched a facility for 365 days advance booking of Air-conditioned Class accommodation on trains for the convenience of visiting Foreign Tourists and NRIs. This facility has been made available from 14th July 2017. This initiative is expected to help promote Tourism and travel within the country by Foreign tourists and NRIs visiting India.
Foreign Tourist Quota booking at present is not available on IRCTC e-ticketing website www.irctc.co.in. At present, international users can book e-ticket on IRCTC website as a normal user and book normal tickets with a maximum advance reservation period (ARP) of 120 days.
Facility of making payment through International Debit & Credit cards is available on website to such users was launched by Hon’ble MR in 2016 (29.04.2016) to facilitate online booking of tickets using international debit/credit cards.
Now, Indian Railways has decided to provide the facility of Foreign Tourist Quota booking to International users on IRCTC website also. Till now this facility could be availed abroad only through General Service Agents appointed by Railways (available only at Sharjah, Nepal, United Kingdom, Muscat and Bangladesh) or in India in person at International Tourist Bureau at limited stations.
From 14th July 2107 Indian Railway has provided facility for booking reserved accommodation upto 365 days in advance for Foreign Tourists and NRIs. The following accommodation (per coach) will be available for booking :
Eight berths (two cabins) in First Class Air-conditioned Coach
Four berths (one cabin) in composite First Class Air-conditioned(AC) cum Second AC sleeper coach
Eight berths per Second AC coach (two inside berth cabins)
Ten berths in Air-conditioned Executive Class coach
Features of the Scheme:
- International mobile no of user will be captured at the time of user registration/updation profile. To verify mobile no, an OTP will be sent to International user at his registered mobile no. Another OTP will be sent on his e-mail to verify e-mail ID.
- Passport number of all Foreign Tourist will be captured at the time of booking e-tickets.
- If the user has not got verified his mobile number prior to booking his e-ticket, he will be asked to update his profile through profile update with new mobile number with ISD code. This updated profile will be verified through an OTP or SMS to International Mobile number.
- User has the option to make payment through International Debit/Credit card through following payment gateway:
o AMEX(for American Express International cards)
o ATOM(for all International cards)
- User can book tickets under FT Quota upto 365 days in advance. They will also be able to book normal ARP/Tatkal tickets (earmarked berths open for reservation 24 hours in advance).
- After a ticket is successfully booked, ticket booking information will be sent on SMS to the user through International SMS facility.
- Ticket booking information will also be sent to user on his registered e-mail ID.
- In case berths booked are more than the above earmarked berths berth allocation SMS will be sent to the FT Quota users at the time of opening of ARP (120 days) as soon as berths are allotted by the PRS system.
- Users can also download ERS (Electronic Reservation Slip) from website for booked tickets after berths are allotted by PRS system.
- If berth is not allotted to FT Quota users for any reason, Cancellation SMS/Email informing the user about booking having been dropped and refund being processed will be sent. Refund will be sent back to the same International Debit/Credit card and through same Payment Gateway which was used at the time of booking.
- In case of cancellation of the tickets booked under this facility by the passenger flat 50% of the fare shall be deducted in addition of the cancellation charges applicable while refunding the amount. The time limit for granting 50% refund will be as per extant rules i.e. upto 4 hours before scheduled departure of train, through website only.